About Caity Gyorgy
At 23-years-old, Caity Gyorgy is already an adept lyricist, songwriter, arranger, and bandleader. Her latest EP Now Pronouncing showcases her talents along with her hand-picked 10 piece band. Inspired by the music and cinema of the 50s and 60s, her original tunes fit right within the vein of the Great American Songbook.
Caity’s music varies from sweet love songs, to nostalgic remembrances, to witty sarcasm. In this episode of Bite-Size Jazz, Caity Gyorgy digs into who and what inspired each song – including how she and her long-time boyfriend met as teenagers, the house she left behind after her parent’s divorce, and the person who inspired the “diss track” on the album. Listen to the full interview to hear more!
“My writing is a reflection of what I’m listening to and what I’m experiencing in my day-to-day life”Caity Gyorgy
Never Miss an Episode — Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Get new episodes sent directly to your inbox with exclusive content about upcoming episodes!
Sign up for our newsletter so you can be the first to know about new interviews by having episodes sent directly to your inbox! You’ll also find a link to subscribe on your favorite podcast platform and to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. We’d love to connect with you!
- Staci Griesbach: My George Jones Songbook – Ep. 84
- Rowan Flack: The Calling – Ep. 83
- Simeon Davis: Of Narratives & Nocturnes – Ep. 82
- Connie Han: Secrets of Inanna – Ep 81
- Les McCann & Joe Alterman
- Joe Alterman: The Upside of Down – Ep 79
- Richard Shelton: An Englishman in Love in LA – Ep 78
- Bryan Carter: I Believe – Ep 77